Wednesday 22 June 2016

Week 23

Tarneit and Werribee: June 13-19, 2016


A busy wonderful week!   STLs  (Sister Training Leaders) are also nicknamed 'traveling sisters'  or 'taxi service' coz we travel heaps..but its funnn..


June 13, Monday - We had Mission Meeting with visiting leaders - Elder Nielsen, Sister McConkie and Sister Reeves. This meeting was covered by LDS News and posted in my next blog.

June 14, Tuesday - Zone meeting today.  My companion and I gave training to missionaries how to get/guide our investigators to celestial kingdom.  We also got to visit lots of individuals and families today.  Thanks to the Griffith Sisters who were with us and helped us cover twice the work in our areas.



    Photo below: Visited the Vini family; this is Louie.  He wanted to come with us.

June 15, Wednesday - It had been some time since I walked far.  I like walking, the trees were so beautiful.  Our house was in Werribee and visited two part-member families - Wyse and Stricklands.  I enjoyed their kids - so cute and very active. Photo with Sister Faiga below


I also met Joshua, Filipino, recent convert with a strong testimony; had the same job and talks like my father, also does crazy stuff to his clients like my papa..hahaha..

We also had dinner with the Brown's.  Bro. Brown was our ward mission leader.  After dinner, we had a correlation meeting, though usually, we do this on Thursdays.

June 16, Thursday - Today, we drove early to Heidelberg Chapel at 7am. Then we attended the combined Heidelberg and Craigieburn conference.  We gave training on divine identity.

        Craigieburn Zone

         Heidelberg Zone

Sister Triptee finally got her visa and will be leaving for Salt Lake on June 28th.  Photo with Sister Santos and Sister Triptee.

Sis Paulo (behind her is Sister Nepia, companion of Sister Santos), Sister Murphy, Sister Wairepo, Sister Triptee, Sister Santos, Me, Sister Cruz, Sister Baiamere

Every opportunity I take photo with Pres. and Sis. Maxwell because they are leaving soon..hehe..

This is our family: Sis Wairepo, my grandmom; her daughter Sis Paulo, her granddaughter Sis Murphy; Sis Wairepo also trained Sis Santos, then Sis Santos follow up trained me so I'm like a step granddaughter..haha..


June 17, Friday - Today we cleaned the chapel for an hour, then attended DLC.  After DLC, they sang "Happy Birthday" to me.  My companion told everyone about my birthday.  I didn't like the attention but I learned to smile and say "Thank you."  Elder Whiting made me ice cream+cookie dough+brownie dessert. Elder Prestousa made me leche flan.


 My Birthday Treats 


More birthday presents: a blue watch from Stephen, cookies and cream from Sister Wairepo, the mystery box from Sister Santos.

This is Rachel and Lloyd.  They role-played to us  the missionary lessons every week.  They were good and even made efforts to draw and do cut-outs.


For our dinner today, Sister Fautima dropped us KFC.  It is very common here to have KFC drop offs but I like it because I like their chicken..haha..  Also later today, the Craigieburn Sisters arrived for our exchanges tomorrow.  Sister Cruz and I planned for the things to do tomorrow.


June 18, Saturday - Worked with Sister Cruz today, back to driving and fun..Tonight I received a voicemail from President and Sister Maxwell singing "happy birthday" and greetings!


June 19, Sunday - Had dinner with the Katinapi family, very good to us.  The family had a baking business, made awesome, the best cake designs.  Got this New Zealand treat, Banoffie - banana with toffee crumble and whipped cream, yummy!


The week had been great.  I sent email to President Maxwell about the exchanges we had - the strengths of Sisters Faiga and Sister Cruz and the things I learned from them and from our companionship. Sister Faiga was good in getting to know people and in making tracting fun and spiritual. Sister Cruz, 4 months in the mission, was good in leading the lessons, has strong testimony and was bold in sharing it. I learned to become considerate and mindful since they told me that I walked fast that they could not catch a breath.  I also told President Maxwell that I have seen the hands of the Lord in my life and especially during my mission, that it is important to be grateful to the blessings and miracles I see each day.  I ended my email with "I appreciate the birthday greetings, thank you.  Thank you so much for all your service and love.  We love you."








No comments:

Post a Comment